Mason Jars

Hey Y'all,

Hope everyone is doing well.  This wonderful Sunday morning I was reading the new Southern Living magazine and saw an interesting article.  It was taking a Mason Jar and painting it to look like a pumpkin.  I thought this is something I can do with all my unused jars just sitting in the garage.  So I took it one step forward and make a ghost and Frankenstein with the pumpkins.  So I went to Micheal's and bought orange, green, white & black paint along with a spray clear gloss finish.  I took the jars and rinsed the dirt off of them and dried them.  I painted all the lids black and it took 2 coats on the lids.  The pumpkins I bought 2 different color oranges and painted 2 coats on them each.  The Frankenstein I painted to coats of green around the jar.  The Ghost I had to paint 2 coats of white around the jar.  Then with black paint on every jar I did, I made the faces with the paint.  Once they were completely dry I sprayed them with the gloss and then let them dry again.  For Halloween I plan on lining the walkway with them and placing an LED tea light inside of them.  The candles were not bright enough when I tested that out this evening. 

The Pumpkins:


The Ghost:
The Frankenstein:
This is all of them together:

Hope this can give you some ideas for you Halloween that are inexpensive and fun to do.  It only takes about 1 to 2 hours to complete these.  I plan on making 4 more large ones and 8 small ones to line the walk to our house.  You can do any design that you want on these to match your decor for Halloween, Fall or any time of the year.  I hope you enjoy making these as much as me and my mother did.

Comments

Popular Posts