Hot Pepper Mix

Hey Y'all,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far.  The other day I went to my favorite sandwich place called Potbelly's Sandwich Works.  I am absolutely obsessed with their Hot Peppers, so I came home and decided to make some of my own.  I used 7 Serrano peppers with seeds, 1 cup cauliflower florets, 1 cup carrots, 1 red bell pepper diced, 2 celery stalks diced. After all that chopping you brine it in water and salt for 24 hours.  Drain the brine and rinse off the peppers.  Place them in an air tight jar such as a mason jar then put in minced garlic about 2 cloves and 1 tablespoon of oregano.  Then put enough canola oil to cover the pepper mixture and shake up the jar to everything mixed up together really nice. Put it in the fridge and let it marinate for 24 hours.  I like putting it on sandwiches, salads or just eating it by itself.  The brine made it keep the vegetables crisp and the salt was just enough to give it a nice salty flavor.  The mix is hot but not over powering hot, if you want it hotter just add more of the Serrano peppers.  This mixture will last about 2 to 3 weeks so eat it quickly.  The next time that i make this I am going to add jalapenos and olives to the mixture.  I think it will remind me of the olive mixture that you get on a muffaletta but with a kick. 

My sister and her boyfriend's 21st birthday's are this weekend so I will be giving y'all an update about the food and decorations that we are going to have.  I have never made a Cheesecake before so what do they want for a birthday cake is a Cheesecake.  I am up for the challenge so I will let y'all know how it goes.  Hope you all enjoy this Hot Pepper Mixture as much as my family did.  Have a wonderful week and weekend.  Remember good food is never to far away from having a amazing dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts