Lettuce Grow Urban Farmstand

Hey Y'all,


    I hope that everyone has had a great weekend and a wonderful Father's Day.  We got to spend the weekend with my dad and go to some of his favorite restaurants.  I will be blogging about those later, so keep an eye out.  This is not an AD, this is just a product that I and my mom bought and we both are in love with the Lettuce Grow urban farm stand.  I wanted to share this all with you because I believe this a product that every cook needs to have in their home. They have an app that tells you about all the plants, when to add nutrients each week, when to harvest the plant and when it is time to order new seedlings.  This is my mom's tower because I forgot to take a picture of my first harvest but I have a picture of her second harvest already!!



    The stand is made from recycled milk jugs as well as all the seed pod holders. The tank holds up to 17 gallons of water and has a pump that pumps the water to all the seedlings. It can hold up to 36 seedlings at once and you get to pick what is in season to put in your farm stand.  Me and my mom both chose the 4 unit farm stand that holds 24 seedlings. We can always add another pod holder to the farm stand but wanted to try it out before we went to the 6 holder tower. I will be next year purchasing the other 2 to hold to 36 seedlings!!!  It is really simple to put the tower together and place it where you have an electric plug nearby because it does have to be plugged in at all times.


     Then you fill the barrel up with water till the fill line.  Then you add in your nutrients and check the PH levels to make sure it is within a certain range.  Then you place all the seedlings in the pods and it will tell you what level they do best to grow in.  


    My tower at my house I have to have a grow lap on it due to not getting enough sun on the screened in porch.  I have had the lamp for a couple of weeks now and the seedlings are loving it.  They are growing so much better.  I leave it on for 3 hours in the morning, 3 hours in the afternoon and 3 hours in the evening.  I break it up that way it doesn't get too hot on the plants and kill them. 


    I love my Lettuce Grow Urban Farm Stand because I have grown lettuce, herbs, vegetables and even edible flowers.  I can go out there and clip off fresh herbs that continuously grow throughout the season.  Once the lettuce was harvested it was the most flavorful lettuce my family and I have ever eaten.  That one was the Red Butter Lettuce that was available in the March order.  It grew so well down here in Houston. I love that it is so easy to maintain and I only have to feed it once a week and move on with what else I have to do. There are other brands out there but this is one that is based in Austin, Texas and their farm is located in South Austin.  For me there was no comparison with other brands when it comes to being a eco friendly and sustainable product. I know this would make for a great gift and hope that you will find your way to one soon. Below are some pictures of the plants that are growing right now and took so close up for y'all to enjoy.  

Basil
Celery 
Mint
Squash







Comments

Popular Posts