Sweet & Spicy Coleslaw

Hey Y'all,

    Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far and I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday!!!!!  My Dad has been on me to make some more healthier food which we should be making, so I came up with this version of coleslaw that is not a mayo base.  This recipe is a lighter and healthy version, it is also a wonderful cool recipe for the hot months that will be coming soon.
    The ingredients are 6 cups Red Cabbage, 1/2 cup matchstick cut Red Apple, 1/2 cup matchstick cut Green Apple, 1/3 cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, 2 tbsp. Cilantro, 1/3 cup Jalapeno Jelly, 3 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp. Cumin, Salt & Pepper.
    Take the cabbage and thinly slice it and place it in the bowl.  Add the red & green Apple to the cabbage and toss it together.  Add the pumpkin seeds to the cabbage and toss together.  Take the Cilantro and chop it finely place it in a separate bowl.  Add the jelly, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper to the cilantro.  Mix it together with a whisk until it is all blended together.  Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss it together until blended.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to 12 hours.  Serve and Enjoy.
   
     This is one of the best coleslaw recipes that I have ever tried!!!!  You get the sweetness from the apples and from the sauce poured on top.  Then you roasted flavor from the pumpkin seeds and a little bit of spicy from the cilantro and jalapeno jelly.  As many flavors that are going on in this coleslaw it all blends really well together.  I also like how this coleslaw stays crunchy where as some coleslaw gets limp and looses its flavor.  I hope that your family and friends enjoy this as much as mine did.  Next time I am going to bring you my Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce.  It is hands down one of the best desserts that I have ever made.  See ya next time and have a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular Posts