Mushroom Plus Pizza

Hey y'all!

Ok, so you've tried pizza with mushrooms. Now try mushrooms with pizza! This is an easy, healthy meal that will please any pizza lover. Tonight for dinner I made portobello mushroom cap pizza. First preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Take a large portobello mushroom cap and scoop out the insides, including the stem. You can also use small mushroom caps. It just depends on if you want mini pizzas or larger pizzas. Then wash it off and dry the mushroom cap. Make sure you get as much liquid off of it as you can because you don't want a soggy pizza. Place the mushroom cap on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 7 minutes. Now the mushroom may come out of the oven a little flat but that's OK! Next you add pizza sauce(as much as you like) and mozerella cheese and any toppings that you love on your pizza. I used pepperoni for Justin and black olives for me. Now, I like a ton of cheese and toppings on mine so I went all out. Next, put your oven on broil and place the cookie sheet with the mushroom pizza in the oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts and gets a little golden brown. Make sure to watch your pizza so it doesn't burn! And finally, take the mushroom pizza out and enjoy! I made these tonight for Justin and I for dinner. I have been wanting to eat healthier lately and this is the perfect healthy pizza. The calories are cut in half just because of the mushroom cap! I was a tad worried that Justin wouldn't like them because he loves his pizza. But to my surprise he LOVES them. I will definitely be making these again!

Comments

Popular Posts