Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Dessert

Hey Y'all,
     Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and great weekend.  I know that I was suppose to bring you the Pina Colada Cheesecake recipe but my mother will not give me the recipe to put on here.  I can tell you that it is very delicious and tastes like the drink.  So until she will give me the recipe or I find out what it is I will bring it to you then.  But I did make another dessert my Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips and they were finger licking good.  I had them the first time at H.E.B. but they don't make them during the year anymore only during the Christmas holiday season.  So I took matters into my own hands and it was successful. 
      For the ingredients all you need is 12 Flour Tortillas, 1 cup Sugar, 1 tbsp. Cinnamon, & Vegetable Oil.  The tortillas can either be store bought or homemade, I used ones from a local tortilla maker.  Take the tortillas and cut them into 4 triangles.  In a deep skillet add enough oil to be about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch deep.  Heat the oil on medium heat.  Then in either a paper bag or ziploc bag add the sugar and cinnamon.  Shake till blended and you can add more cinnamon if you would like to your taste.  Once the oil is heated fry the tortillas for about 1 minute on each side.  They will puff up and get brown quick so keep them moving.  Once tortillas are cooked place them on a paper lined plate to let grease drain off or until cool to touch, about 2 minutes.  Then take the tortillas off the plate and place them in the cinnamon sugar mix and toss them gently till coated.  Eat & Enjoy.



  
  These are so good and tasty!!!!  It reminds me of a sopapilla but with a crunch.  You can serve these with ice cream, drizzle honey over them, or just eat them by themselves.  They are an easy item to make because from start to finish it took me 20 minutes for the whole batch.  I had my mother helping me with the tossing of the chips in the cinnamon sugar mixture while I cooked the tortillas and that really helped.  So if you have kids or friends over to help you it goes by so much faster.  These are an item you can take to a party and people will eat them up so quickly.  Give them as a homemade gift to friends and it won't break the bank.  I hope you enjoy these as much as me and my family did.  Next time I will be bringing you what we made for Thanksgiving.  Hope you have a wonderful day and week. See ya next time.

Comments

Popular Posts