Creme Brulee

Hey Y'all,

    I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day and that y'all enjoyed your weekend.  It was absolutely gorgeous here in Houston and you could not get enough of being outside in this weather.  My birthday is coming up this weekend and I will be 25 years old.  I won't be making a cake I will be ordering one from my favorite cake place called Lindy's Country Cupboard.  This place has the best cakes bar none in Spring, Texas.  I am so looking forward to this!!!!!!  Now on to the Creme Brulee, this is an easy recipe that you make ahead in the day and then eat it later in evening.  I know that it is hard to wait but trust me it is worth it.
    For the ingredients you will need 1tsp. Vanilla Extract, 2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream, 8 Egg Yolks, 1/4 cup superfine Sugar, and 3 tbsp. Powdered Sugar.
    Pour the cream into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat for about 15 minutes, do not let it boil.  In bowl mix together the egg yolks, vanilla and the superfine sugar until blended.  Then slowly add the egg and sugar mixture to the heated cream, stir it until blended.  With a fine mesh strainer pour the cream mixture into another bowl.  Place 6 ramekins in a roasting pan and divide the custard between the ramekins.  Pour warm water in the roasting pan around the ramekins until they are halfway up the ramekins.  Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes or until the custards are just set with a slight softness at the center.  Take them out of the oven and let them cool in the water in the roasting pan.  Then lift them out and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. About 25 minutes before serving take them out of the refrigerator and top with powdered sugar.  Using a blowtorch caramelize the tops of the custards and serve with whip cream on top.



    This is some of the best creme brulee that I have ever made!!!!  I did not have a blowtorch so I just placed it under boiler and let them caramelize that way.  This is so silky and creamy and sweet at the same time.  I like that this creme brulee is not so rich that after two bites you can't have anymore.  It is a lighter creme brulee even though it does have heavy cream.  This dish is really easy to make and you always have these ingredients on hand.  Which is really nice because if you have company coming over that evening you can throw this together and everyone will enjoy it.  I hope that your family and friends enjoy this dish as much as mine did.  Next time I am going to bring you a really light and healthy salad that we make all the time.  It is delicious and simple!!!!  Have a great day and see y'all next time

Comments

Popular Posts