Mom's Famous Lemon Square's

Hey Y'all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I know that mine was absolutely amazing.  I am sharing a family recipe with everyone that my Grandma passed down to my mom who passed it down to me and my sister.  This is a easy recipe that you usually have everything already on hand except for the usual lemon run to the store.  All you need for the Lemon Square's are 1 cup Flour, 1/4 cup Powder Sugar, 1/2 cup Butter (room temperature), 2 Eggs, 1 cup Sugar, and 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice with grated rind of the lemon.  In a bowl put flour, powder sugar and butter.  Then using a pastry cutter mix together until it is all blended together, will look like a topping to a crumble.  Take a 8x8 baking pan and grease with either butter and flour or Pam baking spray.  Put mixture in pan and pat down into a solid surface, make sure it is level.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  When finished baking let it cool for about 10 - 15 minutes.  While cooling mix together eggs, sugar, and lemon; I always double this part of the recipe.  It gives more filling and it balances out the shortbread.  If you don't get a strong lemon smell go ahead and add more to your liking.  Then pour that mixture over the shortbread. Return back to the oven and bake 350 for 25 minutes.  Take out of the oven and let it cool to room temperature.  Before I serve the Lemon Square's I always sprinkle the top with Powder Sugar.  Serve & Enjoy!!

This dessert is so easy to make and it is one of my favorite dessert's.  The lemon gives a tartness to the sweetness of the shortbread.  It is a perfect balance for each other.  You could put whip cream on top with a piece of lemon rind to make it pretty for a party that you are having.  You can also make it with lime, orange or any other type of citrus that you or your family likes.  I hope that your family enjoys this as much as my family has for many years.  In our next blog we are going to help you with some leftovers and how you can reuse them the next day in a new way.

Comments

Popular Posts